Apple has a feature that may make your searches slightly more straightforward, and it is referred to as Highlight Seek. It’s to be had on all iPhones, iPads, and Macs that experience an iOS 8 replace or later.
What’s Highlight Seek?
The aim of Highlight Seek is to chop down the time wasted taking a look round for a selected app on your phone or a photograph you’ll have despatched to a pal weeks in the past. As an alternative, you’ll be able to sort one thing into Highlight Seek, which can scan all of your tool for anything else associated with the time period you’ve got typed.
Highlight Seek can seek for lots of issues, together with your tune, contacts, e-mail, climate, calendar, maps, information and more. It may even usher in out of doors effects from the web and App Retailer. Or assume you wish to have to do a snappy math equation, foreign money conversion, size conversion, or temperature conversion. If so, Highlight Seek will in an instant provide the solution you might be searching for.
Why is Highlight Seek higher than looking out in explicit apps?
Highlight Seek in the end pulls extra content material for you, providing you with the entire choices you wish to have on one web page somewhat than having to open a couple of other apps to seek for one thing. Shall we embrace, as an example, you sought after to hear Billy Joel’s track “Piano Guy.”
You’ll sort in “Billy Joel ‘Piano Guy'” into your Highlight Seek. It’s going to provide you with a tab to move instantly to the track on Apple Music and give you web page hyperlinks to his tune movies and the Wikipedia web page to the track’s historical past, so you’ll be able to get far more from your seek.
Methods to open Highlight Seek in your iPhone or iPad
You probably have the iOS 16 replace or above:
- It may be accessed via swiping down from the center of your house display screen
- Click on the Seek circle (may additionally seem as a couple of horizontal dots) at the first web page of your house display screen simply above your Phone, Electronic mail, Safari and Apple Tune apps. This may occasionally routinely open Highlight Seek.
You probably have the iOS 15 replace or beneath:
- Free up your iPhone or iPad to expose your house display screen
- Swipe left from the primary web page of your house display screen, after which you’re going to see the seek window.
Methods to open Highlight Seek in your Mac
- Have a look at the highest bar going throughout your Mac house display screen (the place the Apple Icon, Report, Edit, and so on. choices are)
- At the proper facet of that bar subsequent to your Wi-Fi icon, there will have to be a magnifying glass icon. Click on that to open Highlight Seek.
Notice: directions might range relying on type
Methods to trade seek settings on an Apple tool
You’ll trade the quest settings to restrict which apps and effects seem while you are looking out. Here is how:
- Move to Settings and faucet Siri & Seek
- Scroll down and make a selection an app
- Then make a selection Display App in Seek, Display Content material in Seek, Display on House Display, Recommend App, or Recommend Notifications.
Tell us how you prefer this new Apple seek characteristic. We might love to listen to from you.
For extra Apple pointers, head over to CyberGuy.com and seek “Apple” via clicking the magnifying glass on the most sensible of my web page. And you’ll want to subscribe to my loose CyberGuy Document E-newsletter via clicking the “Loose e-newsletter” hyperlink on the most sensible of my web page.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content material might comprise associate hyperlinks that earn a fee when purchases are made.