Sports News

Northwestern males’s basketball compelled to put off 2d sport…

Northwestern men’s basketball has been compelled to put off a 2d sport this week on account of COVID-19, the college introduced Thursday. 

Northwestern used to be set to host Wisconsin on Saturday, however the sport used to be known as off on account of the Wildcats’ endured problems with COVID-19. 

Northwestern Wildcats head trainer Chris Collins talks to his workforce right through a timeout right through the Wolverines sport on Sunday, Jan. 15, 2023, at Crisler Heart in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
(Steven King/Icon Sportswire by means of Getty Photographs)

“The lads’s basketball house sport scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 21 in opposition to Wisconsin may not be performed because of COVID-19 well being and protection protocols inside the Northwestern program,” the varsity said in a press unencumber. 

NORTHWESTERN-IOWA MEN’S BASKETBALL GAME POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19 INFECTIONS

“Northwestern and Wisconsin, along side the Giant Ten Convention, will paintings in combination to spot conceivable rescheduling dates.” 

That is the second one sport this season that Northwestern has been compelled to put off over COVID-19. 

Head coach Chris Collins of the Northwestern Wildcats watches a play during the Wolverines game on Jan. 15, 2023, in Ann Arbor.

Head trainer Chris Collins of the Northwestern Wildcats watches a play right through the Wolverines sport on Jan. 15, 2023, in Ann Arbor.
(Aaron J. Thornton/Getty Photographs)

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

The college introduced previous this week that Wednesday’s game against Iowa can be postponed for a similar causes. 

Consistent with The Day by day Northwestern, the student-run newspaper, the sport used to be canceled since the Wildcats most effective had six to be had gamers. Giant Ten regulations require that no less than seven gamers be to be had. 

The Big Ten Conference logo outside Bankers Life Field House in Indianapolis, Indiana, on March 12, 2020.

The Giant Ten Convention emblem outdoor Bankers Existence Box Space in Indianapolis, Indiana, on March 12, 2020.
(Jeffrey Brown/Icon Sportswire by means of Getty Photographs)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The sport has been rescheduled for Jan. 31 at Iowa, the hole reported. 

Wisconsin prior to now had a sport in December canceled on account of a iciness hurricane and might be searching for a rescheduled date for Saturday’s sport.

Source link