When you’ve got an iPhone 8 or later, you have most certainly already up to date to iOS 16. The latest operating system has many new security measures you must be the usage of.
An excellent-secure mode was once designed for politicians, activists, and reporters. I feel there is a nice case to indicate this iPhone choice for the aged and prone other folks for your lifestyles. Tap or click here for a closer look at Lockdown Mode.
Right here’s every other buried surroundings that simply were given upgraded: Your iPhone’s talent to hit upon sounds and warn you. Tap or click for steps to set up custom sounds, like your home’s appliances.
One of the crucial noteworthy options of iOS 16 is the power to edit and unsend textual content messages. It’s no longer as simple as it sort of feels. Right here’s the reality.
Fable: While you unsend a textual content, the recipient won’t ever know.
Fact: Your recipient will get a notification.
Sure, you’ll be able to take again a message you despatched, however there’s extra to it. The unsend function only works with iMessage (iPhone to iPhone), and also you and the recipient should be working iOS 16.
In case you unsend a message to any person working an older model of iOS, they’ll nonetheless see it, and also you’ll get a notification reminding you of that.
Listed here are a couple of extra issues to bear in mind when unsending a message:
- You’ll most effective take again a message inside of two mins of sending it.
- The recipient can learn your message earlier than you unsend it.
- In case you unsend a message, it is going to disappear from the recipient’s display, however they’ll be notified that you just unsent it.
Now that you know the way it really works, right here’s how one can unsend a message:
- Whilst in an iMessage dialog, faucet and cling the message you wish to have to unsend.
- Faucet Undo Ship.
iOS 16 adds more security features to give protection to your privateness and knowledge. Tap or click here for the iPhone (and Android) security features worth enabling.
Fable: While you edit a textual content, the recipient won’t ever know.
The truth: You guessed it — they’ll get a notification.
Modifying a textual content follows the similar regulations. You’ll, nevertheless it most effective works with iMessage, and each iPhones should be working iOS 16.
In case you edit a message you despatched to any person running an older version of iOS, your entire edited messages will seem on their display, and they’ll get notifications of your edits.
Right here are a few things you wish to have to understand when enhancing a message:
- You’ve gotten quarter-hour to edit a textual content.
- You’ll edit a message as much as 5 instances.
- The recipient can learn your message earlier than you edit it.
- The recipient can faucet your edited message and notice its edit historical past.
Right here’s the way it’s carried out:
- Whilst in an iMessage dialog, faucet and cling the message you wish to have to edit.
- Faucet Edit and make your adjustments.
- Faucet the blue checkmark whilst you’re carried out.
Are you an iPhone circle of relatives? Here’s how to track your kid’s phone.
Fable: While you delete a textual content, it’s long gone.
The truth: The ones deleted messages stick round for somewhat.
While you delete a textual content thread, it’s saved in a folder on your iPhone’s recently deleted messages document for 30 days. You’ll recuperate it or delete it completely proper then and there. That still way any individual can see your deleted messages if they’ve your passcode.
Here is the excellent news: Textual content messages you unsend do no longer seem within the just lately deleted messages document.
Right here’s how one can delete or recuperate just lately deleted messages:
- Open the Messages app and faucet Edit within the best left.
- Faucet Display Not too long ago Deleted to view messages marked for deletion.
- You’ll delete a message right away by means of deciding on it and tapping Delete > Delete Message.
- Get well a message by means of deciding on it and tapping Get well > Get well Message.
- You’ll faucet Delete All or Get well All on the backside of the display to use those movements to your entire deleted messages.
Mac tip: Apple’s Safari browser blocks cross-site monitoring, so you’ll be able to benefit from the websites you employ maximum with out being worried about being adopted. However there’s every other device to extend privateness. Tap or click here to erase your digital tracks.
Stay your tech-know going
My standard podcast is known as “Kim Komando Today.” It’s a forged half-hour of tech information, pointers, and callers with tech questions such as you from everywhere the rustic. Seek for it anyplace you get your podcasts. In your comfort, hit the hyperlink underneath for a contemporary episode.
Samsung’s smartwatch is underneath hearth for reportedly burning wearers, a well-liked password supervisor was once hacked, and why you shouldn’t depend on Tile’s new QR code stickers to seek out your misplaced stuff. Plus, how to ask Google to take away your individual data from seek effects, turning an previous PC right into a media server, and notice if Kim can idiot a Komando listener on this week’s Logo New or No longer True.
In finding my podcast “Kim Komando Nowadays” on Apple, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favourite podcast participant.
Simply seek for my closing identify, “Komando.”
What virtual way of life questions do you’ve got? Name Kim’s nationwide radio display and tap or click here to find it on your local radio station.
Copyright 2022, WestStar Multimedia Leisure. All rights reserved. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a small fee from qualifying purchases. I most effective suggest merchandise I consider in.
Find out about the entire newest era on The Kim Komando Show, the country’s biggest weekend radio communicate display. Kim takes calls and dispenses recommendation on these days’s virtual way of life, from smartphones and drugs to online privacy and data hacks.
For her day by day pointers, unfastened newsletters and extra, discuss with her web page at Komando.com